The SG8 handles a wide variety of cylinder heads, from small multi-valve to large 6 cylinder diesels such as CAT.
SG8MTS MANUALMATIC Touch Screen Control Seat & Guide Machine
The SG8MTS uses the same proven fixed carbide pilot tooling as SG8M but now has a front mount steering wheel for spindle downfeed.
The machine have 2 modes of operation:
- MANUALMATIC – a brand new concept has been added to these machines which should increase productivity by 30-50%. During seat cutting, the operator does not have to operate any buttons or switches, simply turn the spindle feed steering wheel up and down and the control takes care of all the functions like workhead float/clamp, pilot centering in the valve guide and spindle on/off. When depth of seat is reached, the control automatically changes spindle RPM to high/finish speed to give equal depth of every seat and consistent surface finish results.
- MANUAL – the buttons on touch screen are the same as the previous SGM machines. There is no external dial gage, the spindle vertical position is displayed on the touch screen. Simply feed the spindle down until the cutting insert touches the valve seat, touch set zero button and then the digital display will show exactly where the spindle is at all times. The change from low to high/finishing speed is easier as there are 2 separate buttons. The foot pedal for clamp and float of workhead has been eliminated and now controlled on touch screen for manual and automatically for MANUALMATIC.
This versatile machine does many cylinder head machining operations such as multi-angle valve seat cutting, boring out valve seat inserts/rings and boring housings for oversize valve seats, reaming valve guides and boring/reaming for oversize valve guides, cam follower boring, spring seat and valve guide machining, drilling and thread tapping, removing broken bolts and thread repairs, as well as many other operations.
Simply the best fixed carbide pilot machine available, the SG8 is nearly 2,500 pounds (1437 Kg) of casting along with Rottler’s heavy-duty 3.150? (80.01mm) spindle to ensure the best surface finishes and concentricity with ease of operation. Even an inexperienced shop hand can be trained to perform perfect valve seat cutting in no time flat. Rottler’s Rigid Precision Carbide Centering Pilots are manufactured to a very fine tolerance and combined with the lightweight air float work head gives perfect centering in the valve guide and the best concentricity of the valve seat to guide.
- Air float work head and pedal control
- Universal heavy duty 360 degree rollover fixture for cylinder heads
- Flexible compact halogen work light mounted on work head
- • Rottler Automatic tightening spindle lock nut system
- 2 piece frame kit allows mounting of overhead camshaft and difficult to mount cylinder heads.
- Fine feed for precision spindle movement
- +/-15 degree work head tilt
- Digital display rpm
- Tool Storage Cabinet ( 3 drawer )
- Digital Electronic Level
- Dial gage for depth control of spindle travel
- Built in Vacuum Tester