New SG9MTS MANUALMATIC Touch Screen Control Seat & Guide Machine
The machine have 2 modes of operation:
MANUAL – the buttons on touch screen are the same as the previous SGM machines. There is no external dial gage, the spindle vertical position is displayed on the touch screen. Simply feed the spindle down until the cutting insert touches the valve seat, touch set zero button and then the digital display will show exactly where the spindle is at all times. The change from low to high/finishing speed is easier as there are 2 separate buttons. The foot pedal for clamp and float of workhead has been eliminated and now controlled on touch screen for manual and automatically for MANUALMATIC.
MANUALMATIC – a brand new concept has been added to these machines which should increase productivity by 30-50%. During seat cutting, the operator does not have to operate any buttons or switches, simply turn the spindle feed steering wheel up and down and the control takes care of all the functions like workhead float/clamp, pilot centering in the valve guide and spindle on/off. When depth of seat is reached, the control automatically changes spindle RPM to high/finish speed to give equal depth of every seat and consistent surface finish results.
The Rottler SG9MTS spindle is mounted on a sphere which allows the UNIPILOT to automatically center with the valve guide centerline while the Workhead is floating on air cushions. Once air floating stops and the Workhead clamps, the UNIPILOT and valve guide centerline are maintained while cutting the valve seat.
Gives Best Concentricity
Rottler's Rigid Precision carbide centering UNIPILOTS are manufactured to less than one tenth (.002mm) tolerance.
Combined with the light weight air float Workhead the SG9 gives perfect centering in the valve guide and the best concentricity of any machine on the market, .0005” per 1 inch of valve diameter (.01mm per 25mm Dia.).
Standard Equipment Includes:
The only automotive cylinder honing machine on the market with Automatic Pressure Control! A must for diamond cylinder honing.
The HP7A allows for faster honing without bore distortion. Program the desired roughing and finishing loads and walk away! Without automatic pressure control the machine will continue to build pressure on cylinder walls when honing with diamonds causing bore distortion. The Rottler system controls stone pressure on cylinder walls thus reducing bore distortion and decreasing honing time.
The HP7A control is easy to understand and simple to use. The control handles a wide variety of precision bore finishing work - from automotive and diesel blocks to motorcycle, outboard marine, snowmobile, airplane, and industrial applications.
• The digital bore profile display projects exact profile of the bore during honing.
• The computer senses any taper and automatically dwells or short strokes - automatically correcting the tight area.
• 2 stage roughing and finishing cycle allows fast stock removal for roughing and light loads for finishing - for productive and accurate cycles.
• Infinitely variable hone head RPM allows high speeds for roughing and a slower speed for finishing, giving the desired cross hatch angle and surface finish.
• The finishing cycle operates much like a “spark out” system where there is very light stone load resulting in accurate bore geometry and consistant surface finish.
• Automatic Plateau Mode holds the stones at a preset load and counts down the number of strokes so that each cylinder has the same surface finish.
• Manual buttons are provided for fine adjusting settings during automatic cycles and R&D.
The F69M is the newest addition to Rottler’s block machining centers. The F69M gives customers the ability to start with a basic block machining center that is a manual machine with the capability to upgrade to a full CNC machining center later.
This machine offers same massive base and all the features of our CNC block machining centers except for CNC controls and software. You can cylinder bore, surface blocks or heads, line bore both Cam & Main bores, lifter bore, block end true and stroker clearance! The Rottler program allows the operator to use one hand wheel for all machine movements in X,Y and Z axis. Also available in 4th axis as option. Simply select the axis, move the machine to its proper location with hand wheel then push the feed button!
Features and Benefits: